
Jim and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary last night, and we have been together for just over 6. We kept with our tradition of eating dinner at the Wolf Lodge in CDA (YUMMMM!) and then on our way back stopped at old navy so I could pick up a few things. All in all a great night, and so far a great life together (if I do say so myself)!
When we first started dating we always said that fate brought us together but we would have to have faith in each other to stay together. I actually wanted faith and fate engraved on our rings but they couldn't do it with the ones we ended up getting. Anyway we still say it to each other every once in a while and its kinda just become this mantra of ours. I found this letter I wrote to Jim awhile ago and thought I would share it with you for our anniversary.
***********************
Thank you for working as hard as you do.
I know it is not easy on you but I also know it is not in your DNA to sit back and relax.
It's one of the many reasons I love you, and one of the things that drive me crazy; but that is why we are so good for each other. Your drive and passion and my easy-going way of life help balance each other out.
Thank you for your friendship.
You are the most amazing friend I have ever had. I have never known someone so selfless and loyal and your love is the best gift I have ever been given. Fate may has brought us together but our faith in each other is what will keep us together.
Thank you for not giving up on me, and us.
I made it easy for you to walk away, and I am so grateful you didn't.
I don't know what I would do without you, your support and your love to help me through everything. I never want to know what its like to be without you.
No one ever said love and marriage was easy and they were right its not. But you are definitely worth every single struggle and hardship. I promise to never give up on you and to always work at what we have. Being your wife is worth all of the work it takes for us to build a lifetime together.
I love you!
I know it is not easy on you but I also know it is not in your DNA to sit back and relax.
It's one of the many reasons I love you, and one of the things that drive me crazy; but that is why we are so good for each other. Your drive and passion and my easy-going way of life help balance each other out.
Thank you for your friendship.
You are the most amazing friend I have ever had. I have never known someone so selfless and loyal and your love is the best gift I have ever been given. Fate may has brought us together but our faith in each other is what will keep us together.
Thank you for not giving up on me, and us.
I made it easy for you to walk away, and I am so grateful you didn't.
I don't know what I would do without you, your support and your love to help me through everything. I never want to know what its like to be without you.
No one ever said love and marriage was easy and they were right its not. But you are definitely worth every single struggle and hardship. I promise to never give up on you and to always work at what we have. Being your wife is worth all of the work it takes for us to build a lifetime together.
I love you!



3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Your letter is so sweet-LOVE it!
Happy Anniversary!! You guys are so great together. Here's to many more years!
Very sweet!
Post a Comment